The 93rd Madonna Della Cava Feast with the exposition of the image of the Madonna was held this weekend on Hanover and Battery Streets.
Four bands were on hand with traditional songs of celebration including the NorthEast Italian Band, St. Alfio’s Band, Sons of Italy Drum Corps and the Defenders.
The image of Maria SS Della Cava, Principal Patron of Pietraperzia, Sicily was rediscovered miraculously in the year 1223 by a mute from Trapani who was directed by Our Lady to proceed to the outskirts of the town where the portrait of Our Lady would be found. In the process, his speech and hearing were restored. The first words emitted by the mute were, “VIVA MARIA SS DELLA CAVA.” The Grand Procession of the image of the Madonna Della Cava was held on Sunday, August 11, 2013