Boston Police District A-1 provided North End / Waterfront residents an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the November North End Public Safety Meeting.
Crime in District A-1 is down 1% year-to-date.
Aggravated Assault (1)
– 185 Fulton Street: An elderly resident (who may have dementia) allegedly struck the victim with a phone.
Auto Theft (1)
– 10/11/18 at 5:20 p.m. (31 North Bennet Street): A delivery car driver left the engine running in his 2013 Mazda cx5 while stepping out to make a delivery. When the driver returned two minutes later, the car was gone.
– 10/5/18 between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. (31 Thacher Street [Sal’s Lunch]): Victim reports he left his cell phone to charge in the restaurant. When he returned to retrieve it, the phone was gone.
– 218 Hanover Street (CVS): Suspect allegedly stole 30 bottles of AXE deodorant body spray. Suspect was placed under arrest for shoplifting.
– 10/18/18 – 10/19/18 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. (4 Garden Court): Victim reports an unknown person stole a Playstation 4, iPad and U.S. currency from his apartment. No sign of forced entry; the sliding door off of the kitchen was unlocked.
– 152 Prince Street: Package Theft – Victim reports between $800-$1000 worth of clothing was stolen via the front door of an unsecured lobby.
– Assault & Battery (2): Domestic violence incidents.
– Assault & Battery / Warrants (1): 10/9/18 at 2:15 p.m. (Stillman Street): Male suspect was arrested at an apartment for numerous active warrants and assault & battery on a police officer.
– Larceny / Shoplifting (1): The aforementioned CVS incident.
– Disturbing the Peace / Keeper of Disorderly House (2): 10/31/18 at 9:40 a.m. (162 Endicott Street): Police officers responded to a disturbance / loud party. Partygoers were on the roof deck throwing beer cans down onto the street. Police officers observed over 30 people on the roof, which was cleared (there were two calls to the same address on that morning). Two tenants (female Suffolk University students) were arrested for disturbing the peace and keeper of a disorderly house. Tenants to be evicted.
David Marx hosts the monthly Public Safety meeting with Boston Police District A-1. North End Public Safety Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m. at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome to attend and bring their questions.