By Phil Orlandella
At its September, North End/Waterfront Residents’ Association (NEWRA) monthly meeting, the non-profit neighborhood organization voted to amend five bylaws that where discussed at the recent membership meetings.
The following amendments included:
- Correction throughout the document of Sergeant “of” Arms to Sergeant “at” Arms.
- Correction to any mention of notices being “mailed” to members, to “emailed” or “provided electronically”.
- Update officer term limit language to remove term limits for officers other than the President. Proposed changes to the sentence governing term limits are shown here in black line: No President may serve for more than two years consecutively in that office.
- Change annual dues from $10 to $20.
- Added page numbers to the document.
Executive Committee candidates email your request to [email protected] or contact a current member of the committee.
A North End Nursing Home update was presented by Marquis Health Services LLC expects to take over the facility as of October 1.
They gave a presentation introducing themselves to the community and explained their plans for the operation of the nursing home and the upgrading of the physical structure.